Tanda: Varinder Pandit: A farmer got electrocuted in the farmland of village Abdullapur. He got the electric shock from a live installed for keeping the stray animals away from the farms in order to protect the maize crop from stray animals. He died on the spot. An FIR was lodged by Tanda police against 3 people on the basis of the statement of deceased’s wife, Shindo.
The deceased was identified as Mohinder Singh s/o Lachhman Singh r/o Abdullapur.
Shindo in her statement to the police stated that Ranjit Singh alias Sonu s/o Gurbachan Singh r/o Abdullapur, Jodha s/o Satnam and his brother Sonu both residents of Mirzapur (Kapurthala) installed a live wire around their farmland to protect the maize crop from stray animals. She said that they gave electricity supply from a generator to the live wire.
She said that her husband came in contact with the live wire and he died on the spot.
Tanda police have lodged an FIR against Ranjit, Jodha and Sonu.