Hoshiarpur: Union Minister of State, Social Justice & Empowerment, Hoshiarpur MP Vijay Sampla today addressed a Press Conference at his residence near Naloyian Chowk, Hoshiarpur. He listed the works done by him for the Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha Constituency during maiden year of his term.
He also explained the planning and works done by the Modi Government in the maiden year of the Government.
Works listed by Union MoS Vijay Sampla
- Increasing the periodicity of Hoshiarpur-Delhi express from weekly to daily. Notably, Union MoS Vijay Sampla flagged off the daily Hoshiarpur express on 6th December, 2014.
- Getting approved Mukerian-Talwara-Nangal rail link. He said that he demanded the construction of Mukerian-Talwara rail track to link Mukerian with Nangal and Chandigarh directly. He said that the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu approved the construction of Mukerian-Talwara rail track with an allocation of Rs. 100 Crore.
- Expansion of Railway projects for Hoshiarpur. He said that he requested the Railway Minister to find possibilities for connecting Hoshiarpur with Una, Tanda, Jaijon and Ropar. He said that the Railway Minister announced the survey for the railway tracks of Tanda-Hoshiarpur, Hoshiarpur-Phagwara, Hoshiarpur-Una and Hoshiarpur-Jaijon-Ropar.
- Approved 4-laning of Jalandhar-Hoshiarpur-Chintpurni road. He said that he requested Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari regarding the 4-laning of NH-3 and he approved it.
- Converting Hoshiarpur-Phagwara State Highway into National Highway and got approved 4-laning from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Converting Amritsar-Tanda-Hoshiarpur-Una road from State Highway to National Highway and got approved 4-laning of the road.
- Development of village Budhawar in Mukerian sub division under Pardhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana. Notably, MoS Vijay Sampla adopted Budhawar village.
- Setting up Drug de-addiction and Rehabilitation Center at Hoshiarpur for rehabilitating the drug addict youths. He said that this Center will be made workable in June or July.
- MPLAD funds. He said that Rs. 2.5 Crore have been spent in all the 9 assembly segments of Hoshiarpur district till date. He said that the remaining amount would also be spent in the coming days for the development of the area.