Dasuya: Parveen Singh Mangat: Dasuya Police have arrested 5 members of a fake Income Tax (IT) team. One member is still at large.
Notably, the fake IT team conducted a raid at the residence of a citizen and collected Rs. 1 Lakh from him as bribe in order to exempt him from the legal action.
The citizen complained to the police and the police nabbed the team.
SHO Jangjit Singh said that during their investigation they found that the team was a fake. He said that the Police nabbed them. He further said that they would seek Police remand to solve more such cases.
He said that a case has been registered against 6 members of the fake IT team and 5 have been arrested. He said that the 6th member will be arrested soon.
The names of the accused are as follows :
- Ravinder Singh alias Rimpy s/o Piara Lal r/o Kalowal
- Arwinder Kumar s/o Joginder r/o Sansarpur
- Ajay Kumar alias Satnam Singh s/o Ramesh Kumar r/o Amritsar
- Vikas Madaan s/o Rajesh Kumar r/o Amritsar
- Pargat Singh s/o Gurdial Singh r/o Amritsar
- Rajesh Kumar alias NK Joshi r/o Amritsar (yet to be arrested)