Jalandhar: The Punjab government has framed a plan under which various development oriented works like conserving water below ground level, to harvest rain water, protecting natural resources,providing professional education to the villager and developing villages according to their need . It will be carried out with in the broad purview of IWMP scheme.Under this scheme 108 villages will be covered .
Disclosing this,Deputy Commissioner Kamal Kishore Yadav said that the villages being covered under the said scheme fall in Nakodar, Shahkot, Lohian, Bhogpur, Adampur And Phillour blocks. He Also said that these projects have been accorded acceptance by central government in five stages. Under these projects namely IWMP-3,4 and 5,approved in 2013-14, 22 villages of Bhogpur , 16 villages of Adampur , 30 villages of Shahkot are being covered whereas during 2010-11 under approved IWMP -1 and 2 , 35 Villages of Nakodar,Shahkot and Lohian and 5 Villages of Phillour are covered. He also told that in this centrally sponsored scheme 90% share is contributed by central Goverment while the rest of 10% is contributed by the state Government .
He further said that in project 1&2 conservation of natural resources is stressed upon under which retaining walls have been constructed at mainy places and 3 projects regarding pond to lift irrigation have been given shape. Similarly one project costing 1 lakh 25 thousand was given shape in Government Senior Secondary School for girls , Malsian to recharge the water shed below the ground in monsoon season .
He also said that in the present 3,4 and 5 the works concerning entry points are being executed under which constructing concrete drains to carry rainy and sludge water to the village pond,to level the Panchayat Land,to renovate the ponds,fixing solar lights in some villages and other works are included. He also informed that a sum of Rs 25000 was issued under livelihood clause to train self-help group in bee keeping in Phillour block.
In the same way in Shahkot block two groups were provided training in candle making and tailoring and provided financial help of 25000-25000 each .In the similar vein, in Nakodar block a self-help group was given financial of Rs. 25000 after being trained in surf making.
The Deputy Commissioner also said that in Phillour block top quality seeds of maize were provided to the peasants. Under farm production system in project-1,three artificial insemination centres are being run with the support of JK Trust to improve the breed of animals. He also said that under the project in year 2014-15 a sum of Rs.140.36 lakh have been made available out of which 85 lakh have been spent so far. He further said that a water shed-cum-data centre has been established at the district level,which is under the supervision of additional Deputy Commissioner (D).