Hariana: A youth was killed by the firing by some miscreants during a Jago ceremony of a marriage at village Kothe Jattan near here. Hariana police have registered a case of murder against 20 miscreants including 2 brothers who hosted the marriage of their sister.
Jagir Singh s/o Joginder Singh r/o Kothe Jattan in his statement to the police stated that some miscreants were firing in their village during the Jago ceremony of marriage of the daughter of Jaswinder Singh of same village. He said that 2 sons of Jaswinder Singh were also among them.
Jagir Singh said that he and his son Maninder Singh opposed the firing in the village and those miscreants started fighting with them. He further said that one of the miscreants fired a bullet into the chest of Maninder Singh. He said that his son Maninder Singh died on the way to hospital.
Notably, the weapon with which the bullet was fired was illegal.
Hariana police have registered a case under section 302, 336, 148 and 149 of IPC and section 25, 27, 54 and 59 of Arms act.
The names of the accused are :
- Gurpreet Singh alias Johny s/o Jaswinder Singh r/o Kothe Jattan (host)
- Ajitpal Singh alias Pali s/o Jaswinder Singh r/o Kothe Jattan (host)
- Manjit Singh r/o Allarh Pind
- Brother of Manjit Singh
- Sonu r/o Khun Khun Kalan
- Monu r/o Shafipur
- Pamma r/o Khakhan
- Sopi r/o Pandori Nijjran
- Jimmy r/o Kang Mai
- Puneet r/o Dandoh
- Honey s/o Ruby r/o Tajpur Sodhian
- Money s/o Ruby r/o Tajpur Sodhian
- Babbu s/o Balbir Singh r/o Tajpur
- Bhalwan r/o Bassi Umar Khan
- Shinder r/o Behram (PS Bhogpur)